The Michigan Women’s Golf Association (MWGA), a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, was established in 1986 to help promote the game of golf and to provide education and information for all levels of female amateur players in our state. The Association is open to female golfers of all skill levels. The MWGA conducts several golf tournaments each year and assists the USGA in administering sectional qualifying rounds in Michigan for the USGA Women’s Amateur Public Links (WAPL) Championship. The Association was also instrumental in helping to establish the Michigan Women’s Senior Championship now sponsored by the Golf Association of Michigan (GAM). The MWGA was the first female public players association in the nation to become a member of the USGA and has received national recognition as a women’s public golf association.
In 2006, the year of our 20th anniversary, we took on the new challenge of aligning our organization with a local charity, which mentored girls in the Detroit area from the eighth grade through their senior year of high school. Women of today supporting the women of tomorrow seemed natural. In 2007 we took our commitment one step further and through the LPGA-USGA we set up a Girl’s Golf Program at locations in metro Detroit.
|As a member of the MWGA you receive:GAM Gold Membership (<= click link to go to GAM member benefits page) – GAM/USGA Handicap service – eligibility for participation in selected GAM Tournaments – four issues of the Michigan Links, including a current Michigan Golf Course Directory – discounts at over 150 Michigan golf courses in the GAM Swing & Save Program – access to your handicap service from anywhere in the USA through the IGN network|
|Current tournament information on MWGA, GAM, USGA and other events via the MWGA newsletter, the NEWSLINX, and the MWGA website|
|Entry into MWGA tournaments at member rates|
|Members benefit from our rules seminars and skills clinics – The spring rules seminar(s) have been designed to give you an enjoyable learning experience on the rules of golf.- The spring skills clinic(s) teach full swing, sand play, chipping and putting skills. They are a great tune up for the upcoming season.|
|Online registration for MWGA and GAM tournaments|
|A copy of The USGA Rules of Golf|
WHO CAN JOIN?
Membership is available to female players of all skill levels. There are five classes of membership, Regular, Senior, Super Senior, Junior and Associate. These classes are defined as:
- Regular – open to any female player age 18 to 49.
- Senior – open to any female player age 50 to 69.
- Super Senior – open to any female player age 70 or over.
- Student/Junior – open to female players age 21 and under, enrolled in high school or college.
- Associate – available to businesses and organizations.
Come and join in on the opportunities and experiences that are available to you in the Michigan Women’s Golf Association.
Click here for membership application ==> Membership Application
What will you find on our website?
- Online Membership Application and Renewal
- Online Tournament Registration
- Online Membership Directory
- MWGA Tournament information and results
- Help on establishing and maintaining a USGA handicap
- Online access and update ability to personal contact information
- Online surveys and blogs
- Access to the GAM and USGA tournament information
- Access to League information
- Links to sponsors and supporters of the MWGA